Monday, August 17, 2009

Good cash for clunkers candidate right here

So I've been studying my car and how it's corroded over the years. I've also been looking at some of the heaps I see at work. I think I'm coming up with a much more convincing 30 year old car.

I've only got the one side started. I've still got to get the paint corrosion on there again and tweak the rust a bit. I want to put reflection on the windows to hide the fact that they aren't opaque.


We're getting down to the wire. This project is due next Tuesday (24th) and due to time constraints unfortunately I think this project might have been whittled down to a really nice car with the best texture I've ever done and a bike set up in a micro scene like this:




I really don't like what I've just typed. I sound like one of "them" in my other classes. I know I've learned a tremendous amount this past 8 weeks but I set a goal and I'm falling, in my eyes, way short.
I'm going to try and get this thing to where it should be in the next week. I'll probably have to step on peoples toes at both work and in school but this project is the most important project I've done in this school and I need to get it done.

1 comment:

  1. Car's looking good! I really can't wait to see it in the scene with some really good lighting.

    In light of having to work, besides your other classes, you set a pretty ambitious schedule for yourself in terms of what you wanted to do originally. I would rather see you do a well executed smaller peice, instead of a large mediocre peice. I think your decision to pare it down to the small turntable is smart. Make a cool diorama out of it if you can... like this:

    http://tinyurl.com/ouuqyk

    it'll make it more interesting and give it a small peice of atmosphere. Kick ass on the lighting and I think it will turn out to be a really great peice.

    ReplyDelete