Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bike Model

The bike is just about done. I spend a few polys on it but I think I'll have a bike in the scene even closer to the viewer than the car so I felt that the extra polygons were nessecary. If you think otherwise I don't think it would be very time consuming to drop it down to about half.






3518 Polygons
6356 Triangles
For the texture I was thinking that this old of a bike has probably had a new coat of paint or something put on it at some time in its life but that was years ago and the old paint is showing through in places. Maybe red over green or flat black over yellow or blue. I'll do some experimenting and come up with something.

2 comments:

  1. You might want to drop the polys on this guy. It's going to be hard to justify having the same amount of polys for this as the car. If that chain is polys, get rid of it and just use an alpha texture.

    You could probably lose alot of polys in the support beams in the middle and the really thin ones on the wheels. You won't be able to tell if they're a 5 sided cylinder vs. a 10 sided one unless you get right up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from ya again!

    I sorta had a feeling you'd say that so I left most objects on the bike as just objects rather than editable polys or meshes.

    ReplyDelete